Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On the Road.... Yeah Utah!!!

July 29, 2010

9:55am EST
On the road.... 12 hours and counting. In Illinois... just bypassed Chicago.

I started driving last night at 9:15. We got delayed trying to cram everything in the car. I knew I should've bought a bigger SVU. Thank you Mrs. F and space bags.

New York (17) to PA (90) to Ohio (80) roughly.

I drove till 5:30 am until my eyelids could no longer stay open.

It's obvious that Jeanette and I have vastly different tastes in music but we worked it out... who ever's driving gets dibs.

July 30, 2010

Finally... Utah!!!! We made it into Salt Lake City at about 7:30 mountain time (9:30 EST). We stopped for breakfast then sleep.... lots and lots of sleep.. about 25 hours worth. Got to sleep at about 1:00pm on Friday till 2:30 pm Saturday. To the point where I forgot where I was and why it was so freak'in hot.

Jeanette's house is so cute. Thankfully has central air. It's about 95* here and very little humidity. Some friends were complaining that it was sticky but the himidity was only about 20%. Not like the 95% we have back in lovely upstate NY. And what a difference the air makes. My hair and my skin are so soft and my allergies almost gone!

July 31, 2010

So after catching up on some much needed sleep Saturday we went to lunch at the famous Lone Star Taquirea (as seen on Diner's Drivein's and Dives) then to Sam's club. (OMG crap including gas is so much cheaper here... I guess that shouldn't be a suprise anymore.) Saturday night we went to some friend's for dinner. Umm yeah... Jeanette has extremely HOT fireman friends. Not only do they have god like abbs but they fight wildfires and even cook.
From there we went hiking... yes I went hiking! So Salt Lake City is at about 5,600 ft while say Syracuse is at 500 ft... I now have lungs of steel and can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Got some great pictures of SLC at night. From where we were we could see the whole city lit up.

August 1, 2010

Today was a lazy day. I rested and then cooked for a cocktail party thrown by a friend we went to high school with. Weird seeing him after 12 years in utah. I made roasted red pepper dip with baked bruchetta. It was a big hit.
I met some amazing people including Amber and her adorable 1 year old daughter Aria. Amber says she knows all the hot spots for shopping in Utah... a girl after my own heart.
Jeanette mentioned that SLC was just a big strip mall but I had no idea its literally a shopaholics best and worst dream come true!

August 2, 2010

Today I hung around with Jeanette's room mate some, Frannie. She is such a great person. I love her energy and crave for life. I think she's going to be an unintentional faboulus influence on me.
Went shopping today... no where exciting just errands. Made lots of plans though to see different attractions around Utah.

Here's some of the list:
Arches National Park
Zion National Park
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
The Catherdral of the Madeleine (Roman Catholic Church)
Red Butte Gardens
SLC Olympic Cauldren Park
Temply Square
Family History Library and Family Search Center
Kennecott Copper Mine
Bear Lake Raspberry Festival

August 3, 2010

Today I met Jeanette's other roommate, Bernadette. She is faboulous and a cook like me. From the East as well so she understands my craving for authentic Italian food. (ie. pizza, macaroni, she even knows what beans and greens are and that I won't be able to make it here in Utah)

So the reason this blog has taken so long is my laptop decided not to recognize the wireless connection and after writing all this in a word doc I was unable to cut/paste so I retyped everything. Hopefully from now on I will be able to keep up on a daily basis.

love to you all. Christina

3 comments:

  1. So Jealous!!

    Enjoy the sights (and by sights, I mean the hot firemen)!

    ~Jess N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are off to a fun start. Meeting new people and experiencing new places is what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... having, literally, the time of my life... Cortland where?

    ReplyDelete